JOB TYPE: Casual Contractor.
HOURS: 6-10 hrs per week (Although this role is advertised as casual, there is great opportunity for this to expand into a regular role with key responsibilities)
We are looking for a decisive and attentive Workroom Assistant / Machine Operator to produce Sampling and Garment Production alongside Designer Brooke Barrett for their eponymous labels BROOKE BARRETT, and Ivory Edit by BROOKE BARRETT.
This role is ideal for a fashion student or Summer job as the hours can be flexible to work alongside an existing schedule.
- The role will include a number of tasks but primarily plain sewing, overlocking and other general assembly work.
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems.
- Accurately record and meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly output and quality goals during each shift, keeping each of these metrics within target ranges.
- Inspect finished products as needed and make adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues.
- Assist on-set for studio + styled shoots that are showcased through reputable publications + organisations.
- A highly motivated individual who is passionate about our values and brand.
- Experience with industrial sewing machines and work accurately at speed.
- Have an excellent eye for detail and quality control.
- Be able to follow instructions, work under minimal supervision.
- A fast learner who demonstrates the use of initiative and can manage time-pressured deadlines.
- Experience working with fine fabrics like silk crepe de chine + satin including working with bias-cut fabrics.
- Pattern making knowledge is ideal though not required.
- Good communication skills with a willingness to take on and offer constructive feedback.
- Reliable, team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage your time effectively.
WHY WORK FOR BROOKE BARRETT?
- Flexible working hours to fit in with your existing lifestyle and balance needs.
- Although this role is advertised as casual, there is great opportunity for this to expand into a regular role with key responsibilities.
- Work hands-on in an incredible creative role within a passionate, and highly skilled creative team.
- Experience and contribute to the positive, vibrant culture of our team, where members feel supported and excited to take on new challenges and learn new skills in an environment that ensures that the voices of our team are heard, and openly encourages ideas and creativity from all team members.
LOCATION: New Plymouth, Taranaki.
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept the challenge of this rewarding position then please apply by sending your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you x